About Dr Paul Della Torre
Dr Della Torre graduated from the University of Sydney with an Honours degree in Medicine and Surgery in 2005 and attaining the Medical Staff Council Award from Royal North Shore Hospital. Following postgraduate training at many premier hospitals throughout New South Wales and the ACT, Dr Della Torre achieved a Fellowship in Orthopaedic Surgery with the prestigious Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
Dr Della Torre undertook extensive study in all aspects of orthopaedic surgery during his training over 8 years including numerous courses in trauma management, deformity correction, cartilage preserving procedures and joint replacement. Dr Della Torre is also a Fellow of the Australian Orthopaedic Association and the International College of Surgeons. He has particular interests and experience in robotic, minimally invasive and arthroscopic hip and knee surgery. He has completed advanced fellowship training at several centres in North America including Phoenix, New York, Vail and Toronto. Dr Della Torre is the first fellowship trained SuperPATH® total hip replacement surgeon in Australia - an innovative micro-invasive ligament and soft tissue sparing approach for total hip replacement.
Dr Della Torre has dedicated himself throughout his career to continuing education to be at the forefront of surgical and non surgical advances in patient care. He is involved in the education of other fellows, trainee specialists, medical students, nursing and allied health colleagues. Dr Della Torre has extensive research experience with numerous publications in international journals and book chapters, ongoing clinical trials and have completed a postgraduate Masters in Public Health through the University of Sydney. Each year he travels on volunteer South Pacific Orthopaedic Outreach expedition to Fiji to teach local surgeons and trainees, and perform complex trauma, hip and knee reconstructive procedures.
Dr Della Torre is a long standing member of numerous premier Australian, American and Global orthopaedic and sporting associations promoting advances and excellence in sports injuries, trauma, arthroscopic and joint replacement. He believes in promoting a healthy active lifestyle, and caring for patients in a holistic, individualised and multidisciplinary manner.
Dr Della Torre is proud to be an active member of the following highly respected organisations:
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Specialist)
- Australian Orthopaedic Association (Fellow)
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Fellow)
- International College of Surgeons (Fellow)
- Australian Medical Association
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS)
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS)
- European Federation of National Associations of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (EFORT)
- Australia Pacific Orthopaedic Association (APOA) (Life)
- Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society (APAS)
- International Cartilage Repair Society (ICRS)
- International Congress for Joint Reconstruction (ICJR)
- Orthopaedic Outreach
- University of Sydney Medical Society
- University of Sydney Union Life Member